Workers’ Compensation Questions
- Report the accident/injury to your supervisor immediately.
- In a medical emergency that is life-threatening or results in serious bodily injury, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room. Your supervisor or a family member should call the CorVel 24-hour nurse line at 1-866-245-8588 to report the incident.
- For non-emergency injuries, you and your supervisor will call the CorVel 24-hour nurse line at 1-866-245-8588. The nurse will determine if your injury will require self-care, or urgent care and provide you with the nearest authorized medical provider.
- On the Risk Management website, there is a link to the “Incident Report” and “Loss Time/Return to Work Calendar” forms. These need to be completed by you and your supervisor. Once completed, please forward the forms to the Office of Risk Management.
- Your supervisor will make a follow-up phone call to CorVel, and you will then be assigned a claims representative who will be in contact with you to answer questions, pay bills, and help you return safely to work.
No, there is no compensation under workers’ compensation for this. Follow up visits or physical therapy should be treated as any other non-work related time away.
Do not ignore it! Getting a bill means that the provider has not billed correctly. Let the claim adjuster know immediately. Contact the Office of Risk Management if you have forgotten or lost your adjuster contact information.
Contact your claim adjuster immediately and discuss. Depending on the circumstances, you may need further treatment, or you may need to report a new injury.