Workers’ Compensation Questions
- Report the accident/injury to your supervisor immediately.
- In a medical emergency that is life-threatening or results in serious bodily injury, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room. Your supervisor or a family member should call the CorVel 24-hour nurse line at 1-866-245-8588 option 1 to report the incident.
- For non-emergency injuries, you and your supervisor will call the CorVel 24-hour nurse line at 1-866-245-8588 option 1. The nurse will determine if your injury will require self-care, or urgent care and provide you with the nearest authorized medical provider.
- The Workers’ Compensation Procedures, Workers’ Compensation Injury Report, and Lost Time / RTW Calendar, need to be completed by you and your supervisor. Once completed, please forward the forms to the Office of Risk Management.
- ”Once completed, please forward the forms to our Workers’ Compensation Coordinator, Stephanie Strickland, at 865-974-0980 email@example.com
- Your supervisor will make a follow-up phone call to CorVel, and you will then be assigned a claims representative who will be in contact with you to answer questions, pay bills, and help you return safely to work.
No, there is no compensation under workers’ compensation for this. Follow-up visits or physical therapy should be treated as any other non-work-related time away.
Do not ignore it! Getting a bill means that the provider has not billed correctly. Let the claim adjuster know immediately. Contact our Workers’ Compensation Coordinator, Stephanie Strickland, at 865-974-0980 firstname.lastname@example.org if you have forgotten or lost your adjuster contact information.
Contact your claim adjuster immediately and discuss. Depending on the circumstances, you may need further treatment, or you may need to report a new injury.