Disclaimer: The following information does not list all coverages, limits, or exclusions. For full coverages, limits, and exclusions, please contact our office.

Although The University of Tennessee carries automobile liability coverage to protect university employees and registered volunteers from third-party claims of vehicular negligence resulting in bodily injury and property damage, vehicles do not ‘automatically’ have physical damage (comprehensive and collision) coverage through the State.

  • Comprehensive coverage pays to repair or replace a covered vehicle that’s stolen or damaged by something other than collision or rolling over
  • Collision coverage pays to fix or replace a car that’s been damaged in a collision with another object, or if it rolls over

Departments may opt to insure UT-owned vehicles through UT’s Auto Physical Damage policy.

If a quote or coverage is needed, please complete the online Auto Physical Damage Insurance Request form at least 10 days ahead of the desired coverage effective date.