Tenant User Liability Insurance Policy (TULIP)

Insurer: Atlantic Specialty Insurance Co.

Broker: Arthur J. Gallagher

Coverage: Spectator/Attendee Liability

This insurance is designed to cover lessees and vendors (tenants) who use University space but would not be covered under the UT’s liability program because they fall outside of the scope of the University and do not carry their own liability insurance. It is event-specific and can also cover vendors, performers, and exhibitors, if needed. It protects both the institution user (the third party) and the University of Tennessee against claims by third parties who may be injured or experience damage to property as a result of participating in an event.

Per Event Limits:

$1,000,000      Products/Completed Operations Aggregate

$1,000,000      Each Occurrence

$1,000,000      Personal Injury/Advertising Injury

$     50,000      Fire damage Limit (excludes events less than 7 days)

$1,000,000      Each Common Cause

$1,000,000      Third Party Property Damage

Excluded         Medical Payment Expense


None – General Liability

$1,000 – Property Damage

Arthur J. Gallagher Contact Information:

Telephone: 844-226-6097       Email: Denver.bsd.tulip@ajg.com

Procedures for Binding Coverage

  1. Go to the TULIP website at https://tulip.ajgrms.com
  2. Select the Quick Quote tab.
  3. Pick Tennessee in the drop-down menu.
  4. Select the University of Tennessee as the location.
  5. Answer questions about the date, attendees, event types, and coverage options.
  6. Review Premium Quote and then purchase the coverage.


Premiums are determined based on hazard classes. Examples of events for each hazard class are:

Hazard Class IHazard Class IIHazard Class III
• Auctions• Bingo• Aerobics and Jazzercise Classes
• Art Festivals• Chess Tournaments• Cheeleading Events/Competition (no pyramids)
• Award Presentations• Carnivals (school events with no mechanical rides)• Festival and Cultural Events
• Banquets• Concerts (specific types)• Film Showings and Screenings
• Business Meetings• Festival and Cultural Events (indoor)• Livestock Shows
• Church Services and Meetings• Certain Outdoor events, including Choirs, Jazz and Jam Concerts, Job Fairs, Meetings and Trade Shows• Plays
• Civic Clubs and Meetings• Proms
• Craft Shows• Theatrical Stage Performances
• Graduation• Volleyball (amateur)
• Harvest Festivals
• Lectures and Meetings (indoor)
• Telethons
• Voter Registration
• Weddings and Receptions

 * For high-risk activities, please contact Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services directly to discuss other alternatives.

 TULIP Ineligible Hazards and Activities

• Animal Acts and Shows• Heads of State Events
• Balloon Rides• Instructional Classes (driver education, flying, or health-related)
• Base Jumping• Mechanical Amusement Rides or Services
• Bounce Houses (Inflatables)• Motorized Sporting Events
• Boxing, Wrestling, Hockey, Contact Karate, or Martial Arts Events• Political Rallies
• Circuses• Power Boat Racing
• Carnival Rides• Pyrotechnics and Explosives
• Concerts Not Classified under Hazard Class II and III• Rodeo and/or Roping Events (includes practice)
• Film Production• Renaissance Fairs/Festivals
• Fireworks• Slam Dancing
• Fraternity Events• Sorority Events
• Gun and Knife Shows• Swap Meets/Flea Markets
• Halloween Haunted Houses

Incident Reporting:

To report a claim, please contact the following:

Entertainment Brokers International

1100 Glendon Ave., Suite 900

Los Angeles, CA 90024

(800) 249-8864


You may also report a claim using their website. Log on here and select Claims. This will take you to their loss forms section, where you can select the General Liability loss type. This form can then be printed and faxed, or saved and e-mailed, along with any additional information, to OBE-claims@onebeacon.com.